My thought on Disk #3 (Ranked in order of best-to-worst):
Cream of the crop:
1. Ted DiBiase vs. Hacksaw Duggan (No DQ, Loser Leaves Town, Coal Miner's Glove on a Poll, Tuxedo, Cage match ) (3/22/85) [BR-14] - Wow. A short but an awesome, brutal and bloody cage match to cap off their feud. it's bad enough to get your ass kicked but now they have to do it in their best clothes. This easily would've still been #1 for me even without all the history that DVDVR provided. But the inclusion of it made it that much better a finish to their feud.
2. Ted DiBiase vs. Jim Duggan (No DQ) (3/8/85) [BR-13] - Great No-DQ match before the cage one. It was a regular match to begin with but was changed right before the bell. Gonna have to re-watch their streetfight from Disk #1 and compare, as both are great. Hacksaw Duggan is in 3 and-a-half matches of my Top 5, who would've thunk it?
3. Ric Flair vs. Terry Taylor (4/28/85) [BR-17] - After all those 10 minutes lightening fast tag matches and energetic brawls, Flair brings it to a halt with this 30 minute match. I really liked it though with a slow NWA-title-defense-like beginning building up to an exciting ending. Can Taylor bring home the gold? Solid match.
Very good too:
4.Rock N Roll Express vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero (2/13/85) [BR-11] - Great TV tag match with the Guerreros using all kinds of funky moves to try and win the belts.
5. The Fantastics vs. Dr. Death & Jake Roberts (4/14/85) [BR-15] - I really liked this tag team match-up. Roberts and Dr. Death make a great heel tag team. The fantastics have the heart but are overpowered.
6. Ted DiBiase vs. Brad Armstrong (2/10/85) [BR-10] - Really good match where Armstrong's trying to regain his title. Armstrong's really good here, but it's DiBiase who really shines.
7. Buddy Landel, Chavo & Hector Guerrero vs. Brickhouse Brown, Bill Dundee & Jose Lothario (Elimination Match) (11/16/84) [BR-2] - Neat elimination match with the Guerrero gang going after poor old Lothario.
8. Ted DiBiase & Dr. Death vs. Hacksaw Duggan & Terry Gordy (Texas Tornado Match) (1/21/85) [BR-9] - Tornado tag match which means a No-DQ brawl without tags. Action went everywhere, in-and-out of the ring.
Good to OK
9. Ernie Ladd & Butch Reed vs. Magnum T.A. & Master G (Street Fight) (11/4/84) [BR-1] - Match turned from a Street Fight into a regular tag, good match.
10. Rock N Roll Express vs. Midnight Express (1/21/85) [BR-8] - Typical and fun RNR/Midnights match.
OK but ain't no Top 20 or nothin:
11. Kevin Von Erich vs. Chris Adams (1/18/85) [BR-6] - World Class comes to Mid-South. I really liked this match but it was super-short (under 5 minutes). Just can't rate it too high because of that.
12. Buddy Landel, Chavo & Hector Guerrero vs. Rock N Roll Express & Jose Lothario (1/18/85) [BR-7] [SDM-14] - This was listed as an elimination match but was actually a 6-man. Pretty fun match but nothing that made me want to rank it high.
13. Brad Armstrong vs. Ted DiBiase (1/16/85) [BR-5] - Armstrong's defending the title. Good TV match. But I liked their rematch much more.
14. Rock N Roll Express vs. Midnight Express (Scaffold Match) (12/2/84) [BR-3] - As far as scaffold matches it wasn't too bad, but I never really could rate those high for some reason. Think they play alot better live (and scarier!)
15. Rock N Roll Express & Butch Reed vs. Dr. Death, Kamala & One Man Gang (2/25/85) [BR-12] - Somewhere along the way Reed turned good-guy! OK 6-man but nothing special. Reed's demands and chants for the Emancipation of Kamala was priceless.
16. Rock N Roll Express vs. Dirty White Boys (4/15/85) [BR-16] - OK tag match but seemed too formulaic to me. The Dirty White Boys looked like good heels though. Maybe if it was longer..
No Sir. I Didn't like it:
17. Adrian Street vs. Terry Taylor (Loser Leaves Town) (12/7/84) [BR-4] - Never really got into this. Street wants revenge after Tayor started macking on his valet. "You don't mow another man' grass."
Thought for Disk #3:
- The Guerreros are an awesome tag team.
- I really noticed how fantastic the camera/audio work is for aot of the house shows. You can hear every word of Dibiase and Jake Robert talking trash. And the video quality is great too.
Floyd's Ongoing Mid-South Top 10: (After three Disks)
1. Ted DiBiase vs. Hacksaw Duggan (No DQ, Loser Leaves Town, Coal Miner's Glove on a Poll, Tuxedo, Cage match ) (3/22/85) [BR-14]
2. Junkyard Dog & Mr. Olympia vs. Ted Dibiase & Matt Borne (Loser Leaves Town) (10/27/82) [PTB-8]
3. Ted DiBiase vs. Hacksaw Duggan (Street Fight) (7/29/83) [PTB-14]
4. Mr. Olympia vs. Chavo Guerrerro (6/24/83) [PTB-13]
5. Ted DiBiase vs. Jim Duggan (No DQ) (3/8/85) [BR-13]
6. Rock N Roll Express & Hacksaw Duggan vs. Midnight Express & Ernie Ladd (6/8/84) [SDM-3][/b]
7. Mr. Wrestling II & Magnum T.A. vs. Midnight Express (2/10/84) [PTB-16]
8. Ric Flair vs. Terry Taylor (4/28/85) [BR-17]
9. Magnum T.A. vs. Ted DiBiase (No DQ) (Tulsa 5/27/84) [SDM-2]
10. Magnum T.A. vs. Ted DiBiase (No DQ) (OKC 5/27/84) [SDM-1]